On Valentine’s Day between love notes, bouquet of roses and boxes of chocolates. Don’t forget about your fur baby. Your pet is your best friend and biggest supporter. Here are some ideas to show them how much you love them.
- Cuddle up with your pup and watch a movie or read a book. The ideal Valentine to your pet is to spend time with you and be your center of attention. Lounging in Louie de Coton made in Seattle ultra plush dog robes with satin trims are perfect pampering for your pup.
- Do something they love to do. Play fetch in the park or go for a long walk. Whatever is your pup’s version of fun day. Remember it is about them and showing your love to them.
- Make homemade dog treats. Use the treats as a mini training session or play game. Dogs love training and it is a great tool to connect with them. You may not realize it, but quick, fun training sessions are SO much fun for your dog, and they help strengthen your bond even more. Just grab some treats your pup loves, and train in easy 10-minute intervals to keep it stress-free. We included couple of easy and tasty dog pancake recipes. You can also freeze them for up to 6 months in tight sealed freezer bag and can be used as training tool as well. Your pup will love it!
- Take time to make a doggie brunch and eat with them. We attached couple of yummy and healthy dog pancake recipes. They are tasty for humans too.
- Plan dog playdate. Valentine's Day may be all about the love you share for each other, but the more the merrier. If your pet enjoys playing with others of his same species, invite his friends over for a good time. Puppy play dates are always fun for everyone involved, and even cats like playing with other friendly felines.
- Massaging your dog is a great way to bond with your pet and spot potential health problems, like tumors or sore spots, before they get out of hand. Massaging a dog is different from massaging a person; instead of doing a deep tissue massage to loosen muscles, the aim is to use gentle motions that help your pet relax and feel comfortable. We all need to relax sometimes, and dogs benefit from massages just like us! Follow this simple guide to help them chill out or alleviate stiffness or tension.
- Treat them to a new fun toy Kids love going to the toy store and picking out what they want, and your pet is no different. Let them explore the store and take their time picking out the perfect toy. They'll be so excited to take it home and start playing.
Healthy pancake recipes:
Delicious Buckwheat Flour Pancake Recipe
Buckwheat flour is a great alternative to wheat flour; it’s rich in vitamins, low in calories, and its gluten-free, so it’s great for pooches with sensitive stomachs
1 cup buckwheat flour
4 tablespoons corn flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup buttermilk
4 tablespoons milk
1 large egg
1 tsp vegetable oil
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until smooth.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, heat oil and cook each pancake about 1 minute on each side.
- Cool and serve. Can also be frozen.
TIP: The best thing is that you can make them for your whole family as well, just add 4 tablespoons of sugar to the mix!
Valentine’s Day Sweet Pooch Pancake Recipe
2 large eggs
1 cup milk
1 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted, or vegetable oil
1 tablespoon honey
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 cups sliced banana, berries
1 cup plain yogurt
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, butter and honey.
- Sieve the dry ingredients – both flours with the baking powder and cinnamon – gently mixing into the wet mixture as you do.
- Heat a griddle or large non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- When the pan is hot, spray the griddle with cooking spray. Add 2 tablespoons of batter for each pancake onto the greased griddle. Cook until bubbles begin to form and break in the batter.
- For extra presentation points, see if you can create heart shapes with the batter to show your dog you really love them.
- Press a few pieces of fruit into each pancake, then flip and cook until brown on the bottom, about 2 minutes.
- To serve, add a few dollops of yogurt and top with the remaining fruit.
Give your dog plenty of attention and kisses this Valentine’s Day! We wish you lots of love and plenty of snuggles.